When it comes to your photo session, a lot of stress is typically associated with the days leading up to the session. Just Frame Me Photography is here to help you relax and be prepared all at the same time. Here are some very helpful tips:
1. Find the outfits you want everyone to wear at least a month in advance and set them aside somewhere safe. Then try them on a week or so ahead of time to ensure everything still fits comfortably and that you didn’t miss any stains or holes that you couldn’t see until they were being worn.
2. As soon as your family changes out of their photo attire, make sure it is clean and pressed to be ready for the big day. Set the clothes together with shoes chosen (sorted by person) and place them somewhere free from harm and dirt. Be sure to tell everyone that these are “picture day” clothes and not to be worn until the day of your booked photo session. This will help to be sure that no articles of clothing go missing. Don’t forget about shoes, jewelry, belts, and any other accessories you might want to wear.
3. About three to four days prior to the session, start talking with your husband and kids about the photo session and what will happen and how they should behave. If you plan to use a bribe, now is a good time to set that in place. Continue to talk to your children daily to prepare them for the session. Believe you me, as a mom of 3 little kids myself, this is one of the best tricks in the book – preparing the kids for your photo session!
4. Two days prior to the session, pack a bag of everything you will need on picture day – snacks, props, bribery, etc. and put it somewhere you can just grab and go. Be sure to include a packet of wet wipes in case things get messy, an extra hairbrush perhaps, and any other “emergency” items, such as bobby pins or a backup lipstick.
5. On the day of your photo session, make sure everyone is well fed, but not overfed. We don’t want sick little tummies from overeating, but we don’t want anyone getting “hangry” (angry because they are so hungry) either. Do not get your family dressed in their photo clothes until after they have eaten and brushed their teeth. This will prevent spills and other messy accidents.
6. If you have young children, avoid any colored drinks the day of the session until after we have finished taking the photos. Also, get them to wear a bib or drop cloth if they drink anything on the way to the session to save their shirts from wet spots or stains.
7. Once you get to the session, breath and relax. If you have set a bribe, please let me know so I can use that throughout the session if the children get restless. Trust your photographers – know that we will take care of things and will deliver amazing photos of your family.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to BOOK your very own Photo Session TODAY! We look forward to hearing from you! xx
All images © 2014-2018 Just Frame Me Photography. All rights reserved.